WOOLFY’S ‘GET TO KNOW YOU’
- When you go on holiday, when do you pack your case?
Either 2 weeks before, or on the day of the flight. I go from being meticulously organised to being the world’s worst procrastinator. Except when it’s dinnertime & I’m right in there.
- What would you find in your fridge right now?
Copious amounts of stuff that should have been thrown out 5 years on Tuesday, alongside some rather funky flavoured waters. My current favourite is lemon & lime with a hint of mint.
- If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
George Clooney, only because I once took a quiz to answer this question and that came up as the answer. But on reflection, as a fellow housewife’s choice, it makes perfect sense.
- If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
‘Thanks for listening’. Apparently I say it at the end of every radio show. It’s nice to be nice!
- What has been your most bizarre life experience?
Doing an overnight radio show live from a caravan in a deserted industrial estate while people set up for a car boot sale.
- What has been your most embarrassing moment?
Saying the wrong station name during my first ever show on another radio station. I think all of my Scottish radio colleagues know about that one. It was truly a “ground open up and swallow” moment.
- If you had to design a new smartphone app, what would it be?
Wouldn’t it be good if you could point your phone at your TV and it tells you the name of the person on-screen? Quite handy for these ‘celebrity’ shows that don’t actually feature celebrities that anyone’s heard of.
- Would you let us hook up your ‘Recently Played’ list on Spotify to the office speakers?
Yes, of course. Why wouldn’t you want to hear ‘Turtle Power’, ‘Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini’ and Anita Dobson singing the EastEnders theme tune? It was for research purposes, honestly!
- What TV show are you ashamed to admit you love?
Is it wrong to say I have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Coronation Street? One of my closest friends even says I have the geekiness of Roy, the pompousness of Brian and the busy body-ishness of Norris. I’m not sure if I have a lot going for me, to be honest!
- What do you do when you’re not on Central FM?
I tend to lecture in a college. My students sometimes think I’m cool, but mostly they don’t. But I’m not bitter.